Please note that this term, rehearsals will be for the whole orchestra unless stated otherwise, commencing at 8pm. Plans are subject to change if coronavirus restrictions change, so please keep checking the schedule for changes.
If there are any problems accessing the IMSLP music, please refer to Instructions on downloading music from IMSLP, contact Sian or a section member of the orchestra for help.
If Youtube recordings are a bit too fast, they can be played at a slower speed by clicking on ‘settings’, ‘playback speed’, 0.75
Safety rules at rehearsals for virus prevention (Covid):
Everyone attending should get themselves into a twice-weekly pattern of self-testing, using the lateral flow self-test. Use this service to order free packs of rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home: – Covid test instructions. Please note that it is vital we check for asymptomatic COVID conditions, as well as early infections. You should only come in your have had a negative test. If you have not started a regimen, it would be best to time it so that one of your tests is on the Thursday of each week, so that it is close to the rehearsal.
- The nominated ‘Responsible person’ is to arrive up to 30 minutes before the meeting to open the doors & air through the church rooms
- Upon arrival at the entrance the responsible person will assess the attendee with the following questions:
(1) Have you recently been in contact with anyone who is Covid-19 positive, or who thinks they may be?
(2) Do you or anyone in your household/support bubble have any of the following symptoms including, a new persistent cough, a fever or loss of taste or smell?
If anyone answers yes, they will be asked to leave immediately.
- Please be advised that we are limited to a maximum of 30 people in the rooms at any one time
- A responsible person will record a register of attendees to assist with any potential Outbreaks/track and trace procedures. These data are to be destroyed after 21 days
- Upon entering the rooms, everyone will be asked to use the hand sanitisers located in the entrance area
- Once seated, please remain there until the end of the meeting. We will not be taking a break. A shorter rehearsal of 1 hour and 20 minutes without a break to minimise the time in the venue.
- We cannot foresee conditions where the 2m distance cannot be maintained. If it cannot, however, facemasks are compulsory. Facemasks should be worn at all times by string players. The conductor and wind players will wear facemasks when entering and leaving the rehearsal
- There will be no-singing or raised voices
- The toilets will be open but only one person may go in at a time
- The toilets will normally be cleaned once a week
- It is each person’s responsibility to ensure that they wash their hands afterwards
- Sign in and wipe chair on arrival with wet wipe provided.
- Sit at least 2m from anyone else.
- No sharing of music or stands.
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Wear warm clothing because doors and windows have to be open to allow air circulation.
- No “mingling.”
- A copy of the Risk Assessment is available upon request
- If anyone has been in contact with someone with Covid-19 or tested positive within the last 14 days then please don’t come!